Add-venture India Management Team
Prasanna's has been pursuing trekking and Mountaineering for the past 30 years and has been on numerous treks in the Sahyadris and about 10-12 high altitude treks in the Himalayas of India and Nepal.
The cycling bug bit him about 4 years back when he accompanied a few friends on an 80 km ride using a borrowed bicycle. He bought an MTB the very next day!! He has been exploring the ghats on his MTB with short day trips. This led to doing the Bhandardara Circuit (120 km) and The Goa circuit (268 km) very recently.
Apart from pursuing his own trekking, He was voluntarily associated with GIRIVIHAR, one of the oldest non-profit Trekking clubs in Mumbai since 1986. Over the past 25 years he has strived towards Girivihar’s objective of promoting trekking and allied adventure sports. Prasanna has pioneered the Adventure Camps for Kids, since 1992. He has successfully conducted 24 such camps and the Silver Jubilie camp is scheduled shortly.
He completed his basic course from the HMI ( Himalayan Mountaineering Institute) in Darjeeling, which opened a gateway in scaling a couple of peaks in the Himalayas, and rock-climbing expedition in the Sahayadris. He later took the responsibility of "Leader" on a trek to the Everest Base Camp organised by YHAI.
Always eager to explore newer areas in adventure, he undertook a two weeks Basic training course in White Water Rafting & kayaking in the river Ganga, above Rushikesh.
- 1988 – Support team for Girivihar Kangchenjunga Expedition Nepal
- 1990 – Started 7 day Adventure Camps for Kids for Girivihar
- 1992 - Undergone Basic White Water Rafting & Kayaking Course
- 1994 – Undergone Basic Mountaineering course from Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (HMI), Darjeeling.
- 1995 – Member of Expedition to Mt Menthosa. Lahul- Spiti, (HP)
- 1997 – Orginised Hikes for Swaminarayan Gurukul, Vapi, Gujarat.
- 2001 – Dy Leader of Trekking Expedition to Langtang Valley Nepal
- 2003 – Leader of Expedition to Everest Base camp, Nepal (YHAI)
- 2005 – Dy Leader of Trek to Kangchenjunga Base camp, Sikkim
- 2009 – Member of Motorbiking Expedition to Khardungla (YHAI)
- 2011 – Dy Leader of Expedition to Annapurna Circuit, Nepal
- 2013 – Leader of Trekking Program to Beas Kund, Himachal
- 2014 – Leader of Trekking Program to Hampta Valley , Himachal
- 2015 – Officiated as the President of GIRIVIHAR, one of the oldest Mountaineering and Adventure clubs in Mumbai for over 10 years
- Organizes Outdoor Adventure Camps and Rock Climbing Training Camps, annually, for youngsters since last 25 years.
- Guest Facilitator / Instructor on Outdoor Management Development (OMD) Programs